We’re taking a few weeks off our DISCUSSION times on Wednesday nights, but NOT off the daily devotions.
Next week is the revival services with Bro. Schwanke, and the following week starts a 4-week series in combined services in the sanctuary.
I JUST confirmed some overseas plans for our 2017 MISSIONS TRIP, and I’ll be announcing more details about that later. I mention it now, because what you do NOW with the weekly Missions Trip Points Sheets (for the LA Church Planting Missions Trip in June) will also affect your eligibility to be a part of the overseas missions trip in 2017. If you’re doing BIBS just for a free trip, or if you decide whether to do them based on whether the trip is “cool” enough for you or not… we can’t have that. A missions trip is to be a spiritual trip—one that affects your spirit. “Spiritual” people are those who are working to grow in the Lord by feeding their spirit—reading their Bible and praying.
So, all that is to say, don’t give up on your daily BIBS work, just because we’re taking some time off our weekly discussions. Keep filling out the forms weekly. Keep doing the daily work. Keep growing in the Lord. Love God. Love others. Do right.
(PS: See below for some of Pastor’s reasons why we should be at EVERY service of next week’s revival).
REVIVAL SERVICES WITH EVANGELIST PAUL SCHWANKE– This Sunday. Combined services Sunday through Wednesday.
Here are some of Pastor’s thoughts from last Sunday night’s sermon. Which ones did I miss?
The ministry of an evangelist is crucial to a church, because:
- He’s able to do things for us that a pastor cannot do.
- The pastor and church leaders need to be confronted with truth from the standpoint of the evangelist
- He’s uniquely gifted and qualified for his calling (which is different from a pastor’s calling)
- The same Bible can havea greater impact coming from someone else.
- The stirring up of the saints is essential. Sometimes the church gets “used to” the pastor’s stirring, and an evangelist “stirs” harder!
- We need to renew our compassion.