An independent Baptist church.
Today we had a picture/video scavenger hunt. Teens met at the church, divided into 4 teams, got their lists (below) and headed out on the town to accomplish as many tasks as possible in an hour and a half. The reigning champion team came home with about 650 points! Contratulations team Mrs. Jamie! Enjoy the video slideshows we showed the teens. Below the videos you’ll see the list of tasks they had to accomplish…
(ALL members must be clearly seen. Driver is exempt unless otherwise specified.)
1. Martial Arts demo in public place* (<15s) – 40 pts.
Bonus: 5 pts for large crowd gathered, 10 pts. for spectator acting as a referee
2. Singing in a restaurant* (<15s) – 30 pts.,
Bonus: 5 pts. extra for each patron who joins with you
3. Playing “Duck Duck Goose” in a public place* (10-20s) – 30 pts.
Bonus: 10 pts. for each spectator who joins you
4. Dramatic earthquake scene in public place* (<15s) – 30 pts.
5. Acting part of a football game on the 50 yard line of a football field (10-20s) – 25 points
6. Going down slide at the park (<10s) – 15 pts.
7. Crossing a non-busy street like waddling ducklings (10-20s) – 15 pts.
* Please note that every time it says “public place or restaurant” it must be a different public place or restaurant for each video. You can’t just park at 1 restaurant and do 5 things on this video list.
8. By “Old Temecula Jail” sign – 40 pts.
9. By old, white Pujol school house – 30 pts.
10. Spell out words of a sign using your bodies, next to/under the sign – 20 pts.
11. On a boat – 20 pts
12. Group mimicking mannequins in dept. store – 20 pts.
13. Entire team & employee in Burger King crowns – 20 pts.
14. “Family Picture” on nice furniture at a store – 15 pts.
15. Sitting with unknown family at restaurant – 15 pts.
5 pts. extra for each smiling family member
16. Jumping in the air at same time (everyone must be off the ground) – 15 pts.
17. Sharing a drink (each teammate has their own straw) – 15 pts.
18. Standing under a bus stop sign – 10 pts.
19. Saluting an American flag on a pole (not the one at church) – 10 pts.
20. Everyone making a funny face (including driver/photographer) – 10 pts.
21. Reading books – 10 pts.
22. Off ground at same time (not jumping but can be in a tree, on a hydrant, etc.) – 10 pts. each
(Choose any member. Can’t always be the same people. Everyone MUST do 1 thing.)
23. Give a piggy bag ride to a random person (10-20s) – 30 pts.
24. 2 team members reciting the pledge to the flag with a fireman or policeman. (<20s) – 25 pts.
25. Doing cartwheels on a park lawn (<15s) – 20 pts.
Bonus: 10 pts. spectators score your performance, 5 pts. spectators give you instructions loudly in a Russian accent
26. Asking someone if you can have a fry or other small piece of food from their meal to eat (<15s) – 20 pts.
27. Boy propose to a random girl in a very eloquent way (<15s) – 20 pts.
28. Walk a stranger’s dog (<10s) – 15 pts.
29. Wash someone’s window at a gas station (<10s) – 15 pts.
30. Jumping off a swing (<10s) – 10 pts.
31. Stand on your head in a public place – 20 pts.
32. 2 members in picture but 1 member appears very small – 15 pts.
33. Picture with an unusual animal – 15 pts.
34. Ask an employee at a store to help you find the most expensive item in the store – 15 pts.
Bonus: 5 pts if item is over $500, 10 pts extra if item is most expensive of any team. (must clearly show price, team member, & employee in the picture)
35. Getting smallest dollar value of fuel at a gas pump possible. Must get receipt. (10c, 5c, etc) – 10 pts Bonus: 10 pts for team with smallest amount.
36. 2 team members in a shopping cart – 10 pts.
37. Hanging upside-down on monkey bars – 10 pts.
38. Reflection in something other than a mirror – 10 pts.
39. Shake hands with a bearded man – 10 pts.
(Team members do not have to be visible.)
40. Unknown couple telling how they met (<20s) – 20 pts.
41. Small child singing “Mary Had a Little Lamb” (<20s) – 20 pts.
(Talk to their parents & explain what you’re doing before approaching the child)
42. 10 strangers telling you their shoe size throughout the day (<5s ea.) – 15 pts. (0 points if not 10 people)
43. A stranger willing to show you how many pushups he/she can do in 15 sec. (<20s) – 15 pts.
44. A dancing dog (<10s) – 10 pts
45. Stranger to recite short poem (<15s) – 10 pts.
Bonus: 5 pts. for dramatic interpretation
46. Using found objects to build a monument (ie Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, etc.) – 30 points
47. Something that begins with the letter “Z” – 15 pts.
48. 1 photo with all 4 of these colors (red, green, yellow, blue) – 15 pts.
49. Oldest grave in cemetery – 10 pts.,
Bonus: 10 pts. if before 1900, 10 pts. if oldest of all teams
50. Stranger blowing a spit bubble – 10 pts.
51. Funniest/weirdest thing you find – 10 pts.
52. Fire truck – 10 pts.
53. Cloud that looks like an animal – 10 pts. (has to be easily seen)
54. 5 green things in 1 picture – 10 pts.
55. Chuck Norris…the real one – 5,000 pts.
Our Cantata this year was King of Love and it included soloists, the Ladies Ensemble, the kids choir and, of course, the full choir. The following video includes the entire cantata from beginning to end. Enjoy!
Last Sunday morning, November 11, 2012, marked the first day of our Revival services with Bro. Dave McCracken and, of course, Veterans Day. Several people came to church in their uniforms and in the Sunday morning services we honored the veterans through prayer, a choir special and a rousing piano solo featuring each branch of the military. On Sunday evening we showed the following video tribute to our soldiers. “It Has Always Been the Soldier” is a video that was produced by Heartland Baptist Bible College in Spring 2007 by the tour groups GloryBound, Assurance and Witness.
Following the video, Bro. McCracken called for all past and present military personnel to stand as the congregation honored them through applause. Bro. Henry Ashe (Marines) and Bro. Bob Bailey (Air Force) thanked God through a time of prayer for our country and our military. May we never forget all levels of sacrifice that others have paid for our freedoms in America, and may we always recognize the God who grants us these freedoms. Enjoy the following video presentation:
The 2012 Comedy Night was a fund-raiser by the Teens of Faith in preparation for Summer camp. Enjoy the videos from the event (more to be added later)…
Over the years our church members have picked up on a few “Pastor Rench-isms.” Would you believe Pastor practically wrote this skit himself? Enjoy!
(See the unofficial transcript below the video…)
Enjoy the welcome video that we showed to our GIBF guests on Monday night…
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
The first time you log on can be a little tricky, but it is pretty simple and does not take very long. Simply visit cbctemecula.org/give, scroll all the way to the bottom and click “SIGN UP.” The following video shows you how it is done:
ADD YOUR INFORMATION
Once you’ve created your account you can log in to the Online Giving with your username and password you created. Once inside you will see an “Add Account” button that will allow you to pay by checking or savings account or by credit or debit card.
Last week was the National Church Planters Conference hosted by Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City, OK. Our Christmas day offering raised over $3,000 and was used to help several men plant churches all over the country. In addition, the Teens of Faith raised $600 in weekly offerings, and they were able to help 12 different church planters.
While we were there we tried to shoot a little video from where we were sitting, and we spliced together a few snippets in order to show you a glimpse of what went on at the conference. While you certainly cannot understand how amazing the conference is without experiencing first-hand, we hope this video at least gives you an idea of the needs of the church planters and the way churches like ours were able to help. Enjoy!
One of the highlights of this year’s Christmas Party was the chance to laugh. Enjoy the skit that was done last Friday night…