Reposted from McKenzie-visit-with-God.blogspot.com
1 Samuel 15:9 KJV
But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.
Verse 22 says, “behold to obey is better than sacrifice.”
I doubt that Saul and the people really saved all that was good to give as sacrifices to the Lord.
It is a matter of human reasoning; these just seemed too good to destroy. No matter what was the Word of the Lord, God must not have meant to destroy these.
• Perhaps the prophet was a little too zealous.
• Perhaps Saul had misunderstood.
• What if the whole thing was just national zeal and religious fanaticism?
• What if God had not really spoken to Samuel at all?
This was good stuff. It surely should be saved.
Now here is the truth; God is better than all that is good in this world.
• No amount of worldly possession
• No degree of worldly success
Could ever equal favor and the blessing of fellowship with God.
But God is jealous. He will not share our devotion with all that is good in this world. We must have Him alone or not at all.
Pastor Marvin McKenzie
Bible Baptist Church